24 January 2017

Japan Day 8 - Kawaguchiko - Mt Fuji

Day 8

Towards Kawaguchiko today! Checked out of the capsule hotel early since I did not enjoy staying there. Had my breakfast and headed to board the highway bus which I bought the tickets for the day before.

The bus ride from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko took about 1 hour 45 mins. I slept for the bulk of time in the bus. Finally arrived at Kawaguchiko! The first thing I felt after alighting from the bus was that the weather here is nice! Felt like it was about 20 degree celcius.



I stayed at this hostel called K’s House for that night. Top notch service from them, they even picked me up when I called them from the tourist information centre even though I am the only one, and it only costed me 3,300 yen for 1 night! The staff at the hostel also gave me some good recommendations for activities and places to go. Quick picture of the dorm. In the end, only 2 (including me) stayed in this dorm despite being a 6-person one.


I wasted no time going out since this was the highlight of my trip, being able to see Mt. Fuji. Got myself the 2 day sightseeing bus pass for 1,200 yen. This was the bus that brought me around all the different spots around Lake Kawaguchiko.


Had my lunch at one of the sightseeing stops. The cafe overlooked lake Kawaguchiko.


My next stop was the Herb Hall, lots of different plants (especially Lavenders) products here! I bought myself a Lavender ice-cream.


After filling my stomach, I excitedly proceeded to the last stop of the bus (where the sight of Mt. Fuji is supposedly the best), but this was all I saw. The weather was turning bad with lots of clouds! No luck at meeting the glorious mountain.


Disheartened and slightly wet from the rain, I decided to head back to the hostel to decide on my next plan. Since it was rainy and quite chilly, I went to try the Onsen! I planned to go to the Fujiyama Onsen which is near to the Kawaguchiko station, but was too lazy to travel again on such a rainy day. Hence, I went to the one recommended by the hostel, Kaiun no Yu, which was only 5 minutes walk away.

There was nobody there when I arrived! How nice. I quickly grabbed my phone to snap a picture (hence the blur picture) since no photography is allowed usually! Hehe. There are another 2 more hot springs at the outdoor area.


Also recommended by the hostel, I had dinner at a restaurant that sells Hoto, a traditional Japanese dish. Pretty cool setting for a traditional restaurant. There were also a number Japanese families having dinner there too! Quite a good authentic experience.


The Hoto I ordered. It tasted like our Singapore Ban Mian, but with miso soup. It was really tasty!


Ended the night at the large supermarket nearby, and prayed for better weather the next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment