24 January 2017

Japan Day 7 - Back to Tokyo - Tokyo Metropolitan Government building & Roppongi (and rant about Capsule hotel)

Day 7

Went back to Tokyo on day 7! Weather once again did not look too good :(


Food and drinks sold on the Shinkansen


For today, I will be staying at a capsule hotel, specifically, Shinjuku Kuyakusho-mae Capsule Hotel. This is the worse accommodation I’ve stayed for my whole Japan trip. I really do not recommend anyone staying here and there probably are better capsule hotels if you guys are looking to try staying in one.

Firstly, it is situated in Kabukicho (the red light district of Shinjuku) and the place is infested with Nigerian touts.

Secondly, upon arriving at the place, there was a foul smell of shoes (since everyone has to take off their shoes before entering the premise).

Thirdly, there is no secure place to store your luggage and the luggage storing place was cramped like hell. I had so much difficulty trying to get my personal items because there was absolutely no space to navigate around with my luggage!

I guess how the place works is that they will provide all the basic necessities so that you do not need to use your own but that is an assumption that everyone does not have a preference of using their own items…

Ok enough of rant, some pictures to do the talking.

Arrival at the capsule hotel



See how filthy the place is


Though I must say it was pretty nice and clean in the capsule


View of the whole place from my capsule


After putting my luggage down, I went to search for this supposedly cheap and nice tempura place in Shinjuku. However, I did not expect Shinjuku to be so big and I had to walk for like 30 mins before arriving at the place! It’s hidden in some office building.


Finally got my food


Then I went to get my bus tickets for tomorrow’s ride to Kawaguchiko. I took the Highway bus which cost 3,500 yen round trip, tickets can be purchased from here: http://highway-buses.jp

On my way to buy the bus tickets, this is the Shinjuku west exit where which is pretty awesome. Broad roads for both commuters and cars. There are also lots of buskers in the evening!


Proceeded to my first actual point of interest of the day, Tokyo Metropolitan Government building. This place is free entry and the view is awesome. Highly recommended to visit should you visit Tokyo.


Awesome awesome view of the Tokyo skyline especially during the “golden hour”!


Another view after the sun has set and you can see the lights of the buildings beginning to light up


After the sun has set, I headed to Roppongi in search for dinner.

Settled for a simple ramen restaurant in Roppongi because I arrived too late and a number of places have closed, and those that are opened looked too up-market to my liking.


Next up is to Kawaguchiko!

No comments:

Post a Comment