24 January 2017

Japan Day 6 - Osaka - Umeda Sky tower & Kitashinchi District

Day 6

Ok, this is going to be a short post because I went to Umeda area which is mainly just for shopping. The Osaka aquarium (Kaiyukan) was in my itinerary but I decided not to visit it at the last minute but instead have a better rest at the hotel. Besides, I think there is nothing spectacular as we also have such aquarium in Singapore.

So I started the day with a late breakfast at Doutor, a popular coffee chain around Japan.



My first stop of the day was the Umeda Sky building! Having done my research, I learnt that it was free entry on birthdays and coincidentally it was my birthday!

My free tickets

View from the bottom of the building


The elevator ride up to the viewing gallery


Unfortunately it was a gloomy and rainy day and hence the view was bad… Thankfully I didn’t have to pay a single cent to get in. :D


I then went to the shopping centres around Osaka station.


The Pokemon center looks interesting so I went to take a look, but actually its just a place to purchase merchandise.


Another place I went was the Yodobashi camera store. They have a number of chains around Japan and I thought that the one in Akihabara is more awesome (which I visited when I went back to Tokyo).


Feeling bored and since it was approaching evening, I went to the Kitashinchi district which I read comes alive at night.


The weather was still not kind to me and it began to rain heavier. I gave up subsequently trying to find a nice restaurant (being on my birthday) and settled for Yoshinoya… Haha. The Onsen egg was quite awesome though. Cheap at 500 yen.


I then went back to the hotel, feeling excited to be going back to Tokyo the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Do you know if Abenos Harukas also has free entry on birthdays?

    ReplyDelete