06 December 2016

Japan Day 3 - Fushimi Inari Shrine

Day 3

Woke up early to check out of my AirBnB apartment and got myself a reserve tickets for the Shinkansen. How exciting!


I took the Hikari 505 train towards Shin-Osaka.


Train conductor ensuring that everyone has boarded before moving off.


The Shinkansen that I took.


Speed was more than 250KM/H using a speedometer app on my iPhone, though this is not the fastest it can go (speed depends on the routes that they are taking).


As it was still early, I left my luggage at the hostel and went to the Fushimi Inari shrine. Unfortunately, it was a rainy day, but still so crowded with tourists! Can’t get any proper shots without any people.

68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, 
Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 
Kyoto Prefecture 612-0882, Japan


Another hand cleansing ritual before entering the shrine.


The start of the route towards the summit.


I wonder how many of these Torri gates there are that lead up to the top of the mountain.


Map of the whole route


Finally the top! Not exactly a break-taking view since the weather wasn’t fantastic.


Feeling hungry, headed to Nishiki Market since I heard they have quite a large variety of food there. However to my dismay, they sell more of dried, preserved food there and not ready-to-eat food.



Got myself a matcha ice cream instead.


Headed out of the market towards the street for better restaurants, streets in Kyoto are so clean and beautiful!


Settled for Ipuddo Ramen while walking randomly.


Headed back to my Hostel to rest for the day. Stayed in Piece Hostel Kyoto, really nice and cheap! I stayed in a 4 person dorm.

Piecehostel
21-1 Higashikujo Higashisannocho, 
Minami Ward, Kyoto, 
Kyoto Prefecture 601-8004, Japan



Fellow travellers doing their thing in the common area.


Thats it for day 3. Arayashima next! It’s my 2nd favourite place (first being Kawaguchiko) for the whole trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment